In the sunny state of California, where renewable energy has taken center stage, it’s only natural to expect a seamless energy experience. However, for many residents and businesses, the recent scheduled maintenance from Southern California Edison (SCE) has been anything but smooth. Let’s look at the challenges faced and discuss ways to prepare for scheduled outages to ensure consistent energy supply.
The SCE Dilemma
Over the past few months, SCE has been undergoing extensive maintenance work to upgrade infrastructure and enhance reliability. While these endeavors are undoubtedly essential for long-term stability, the frequency and duration of the scheduled outages have been a significant inconvenience.
How Renova Energy Can Help
Renova Energy, as a leading solar provider in California, recognizes the challenges of the ongoing SCE maintenance saga. Our solar panels and energy storage solutions can play a pivotal role during these trying times.
With a solar-plus-storage system, homes and businesses can store excess solar energy generated during the day. This stored energy can be used during outages, ensuring you’re never left powerless.
Preparing for Scheduled Outages: Tips and Tricks
- Stay Informed: Sign up for SCE outage alerts to receive real-time information on planned outages in your area.
- Solar-Plus-Storage: Consider installing a solar panel system with an integrated battery storage option. This ensures your home has a reliable power backup during outages.
- Emergency Kit: Always have a family emergency kit ready with essentials like flashlights, batteries, candles, matches, bottled water, non-perishable food items and prescriptions.
- Unplug Devices: Before an outage, unplug electrical devices to protect them from potential voltage fluctuations when power is restored.
- Refrigerator & Freezer: Keep the doors closed to preserve the cold. Consider packing perishable items in coolers with ice if the outage is expected to last more than 4 hours.
- Backup Generators: If you don’t have a solar-plus-storage system, consider investing in a portable generator for emergency power. Make sure it’s used safely and away from enclosed spaces due to carbon monoxide risks.
- Stay Connected: Invest in a battery-powered or hand-cranked radio to stay updated on news during outages.
By taking a proactive approach and collaborating with experts like us at Renova Energy, you can navigate the SCE maintenance challenges with ease. Remember, while scheduled outages might be inconvenient, with adequate preparation, they don’t have to disrupt your daily life. If you’re interested in learning more about how solar energy can provide reliable power during outages, contact us today.